Sunday, November 11, 2012

Welcome to Hannibal, Missouri!

I've been so busy sharing about Adopt a Senior Pet Month and Adopt a Shelter Dog Month that I have not had time to share our trip to Hannibal, MO.  It's actually been a couple of months since we went but Mom and I have been so busy, I am just now getting a chance to tell about it. 

We stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites.  It was a very nice hotel except that Mom did not like that they only allowed pets in smoking rooms.  Mom and Dad do not smoke.  But since we were already there, we just stayed.  Dad said we could look for another hotel, but Mom was tired.  The free breakfast made up for it as far as I was concerned because Mom was able to bring me back some bacon in the morning.  And it was very quiet so I was able to sleep all night and so was Mom.

It was late when we got there so we just settled in for the night.  There aren't any outdoor restaurants in Hannibal where I could go so Mom fed me (I always travel with my own food) and then she and Dad went out to eat.  They went somewhere for pizza because Mom brought me back a pizza crust.  I love pizza crust! 

The next morning we had breakfast (BACON!) and then we went to the Mark Twain Cave and Campground.  Dogs are not allowed in the cave but there was plenty to look at in the park and campground.  As always, I had to put Mom on her leash.  But I don't mind.  At least I know she can't get lost.

We spent a little time walking through the campground area.  Then dad had a surprise for Mom.  He had booked a trip on the Mark Twain Riverboat.  This unique riverboat has been offering excursions for over 20 years. I was hoping it was a dinner cruise but dogs are only allowed on board on the sightseeing cruises. Still it was fun.  Mom enjoyed listening the tour guide and I enjoyed the sandwich I shared with Dad from the snack stand!

After the cruise, we were supposed to go back to the room and spend another night.  But Mom just did not want to spend another night in a smoking room.  So we loaded up and headed home.  It was not as much fun as some trips I have been on.  But at least I had bacon and pizza so it wasn't all bad!

blog comments powered by Disqus