Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Save a Life - Adopt a Pet in Asheville, NC!

Continuing my campaign to help other pets not as fortunate as I am to find happy homes. Today, we are featuring the Asheville, NC Humane Society. I'm sure you remember that Asheville is Boomer Diva Nation founder and my friend, Beverly Mahone's favorite place in North Carolina! Let's make it an even better place by helping some of local four-footed and furry residents find permanent homes!

Asheville Humane Society/Buncombe County Friends For Animals is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization with over twenty-five paid employees. AHS is governed by a fifteen member, active, volunteer Board of Directors and supported by more than 800 general members. AHS receives payments from Buncombe County and the City of Asheville under a contract arrangement to operate the Shelter and Pet Adoption Center. The organization programs are also supported by donations, memberships, grants, and fundraising.

Asheville Humane Society is dedicated to promoting the compassionate treatment of animals in our community through education, sheltering and adoption.

Asheville Humane Society was formed in 1984 as Buncombe County Friends for Animals Inc., primarily as a governing body for the County Pet Adoption Center and Animal Shelter, which was previously operated by the County. Asheville Humane Society has operated the Shelter since September 1990. On July 1, 1996, we started operating and enforcing Animal Control within Buncombe County. On October 1, 1997, we began providing animal control services for the city of Asheville as well. In late 2002, due to state budget shortfalls, the City of Asheville elected to take City Animal Control back under its police department. In July of 2006 the Buncombe County Sheriff's Department, with the advice and direction of AHS, once again began providing animal control in the unincorporated parts of the county. AHS still provides sheltering services for Buncombe County, including all of its municipalities.

Here are some of the great friends available! I hope you will find a place for one of them in your home!

Walker
Whoever says that hounds can’t be trained has never met me! I’m super smart and I love training. I’ve already learned how to “sit”, and I’m working on walking nicely on a leash and on how to lay down. Of course, I am a beagle—I like to follow my nose!—but I’ll follow it right to the treat in your hand as you teach me something new! Ask to see me next!


Springsteen
Terrier, Pit Bull/Mix
This pet also comes with 30 days of pre-paid pet health insurance. For more information please visit http://www.sheltercare.com/us/index.asp or call 1-866-375-PETS.




Bowser
Retriever/Mix
This pet also comes with 30 days of pre-paid pet health insurance. For more information please visit http://www.sheltercare.com/us/index.asp or call 1-866-375-PETS.



Clover
Domestic Shorthair/Mix
This pet also comes with 30 days of pre-paid pet health insurance. For more information please visit http://www.sheltercare.com/us/index.asp or call 1-866-375-PETS.

Our organization offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 1-866-597-2424.

Learn How you can SAVE A LIFE! Click Here!

Remember, my goal is to help 1000 pets find homes this year! Check out my newest partner shelter - Asheville Humane Society. And when you adopt a pet, be sure to let me know so I can track my progress toward my goal!
blog comments powered by Disqus