Do you know what Wednesday, August 26th is? It's National Dog Day! Let's celebrate!
National Dog Day was founded in 2004 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert and Animal Advocate, Colleen Paige. It is a day to help remind people of the number of dogs that are in shelters and need to be rescued. You know how important that is to Mom and me. And so we encourage everyone to celebrate National Dog Day.
Here are some ways for you and your dog to celebrate on Wednesday:
1. Check out the official National Dog Day website and consider becoming a partner or sponsor!
2. Is your fur baby an only child? Adopt a playmate from your local shelter!
3. Can't adopt? Volunteer! Shelters can always use an extra helping hand.
4. No time to volunteer? Donate blankets, food, or cold, hard, cash to your local shelter! National Dog Day urges everyone - even non-dog owners - to donate $5 to their local shelter on National Dog Day.
5. Have a party and invite all of your friends and their dogs!
6. Post your favorite dog photo in the comments section!
7. Buy an official National Dog Day T-shirt!
8. Spend some time with your fur baby! Take them for a walk. Bathe them or at least brush them. Buy them a new toy, or leash, or collar. Teach them a new trick.
9. Spread the word about National Dog Day!
10. Remember - we love you! All we want is for you to love us back. Share the doggy love!