Monday, September 3, 2012

Make the Promise!

Are you a responsible dog owner? Take the AKC Responsible Dog Owner Pet Promise!

1. I will never overlook my responsibilities for this living being and recognize that my dog’s welfare is totally dependent on me.

2. I will always provide fresh water and quality food for my dog.

3. I will socialize my dog via exposure to new people, places and other dogs.

4. I will take pride in my dog's appearance with regular grooming.

5. I will recognize the necessity of basic training by teaching my dog to reliably sit, stay and come when called.

6. I will take my dog to the vet regularly and keep all vaccinations current.

7. I will pick-up and properly dispose of my dog's waste.

8. I will make sure my dog is regarded as an AKC Canine Good Citizen® by being aware of my responsibilities to my neighbors and to the community.

9. I will ensure that the proper amount of exercise and mental stimulation appropriate for my dog’s age, breed and energy level is provided.

10. I will ensure that my dog has some form of identification (which may include collar tags, tattoo or microchip ID).

11. I will adhere to local leash laws.

Post your name and your dog's names in the comments if you are a responsible dog owner.

SIGN THE PET PROMISE ONLINE AT http://www.gopetition.com/online/9290.html

For more information visit www.akc.org or call 212-696-8228.
blog comments powered by Disqus