1. My Leash - almost every city has some sort of leash law so bring it along unless you want to spend the entire trip in your crate in a hotel room.
2. My Collar with ID Tags - just in case you get lost, your ID tags should help you get home. Mom got me a microchip, but if you don't have one, you definitely want the collar and tags.
3. Food and Water - who knows what the local food and water may be like. Bring your own!
4. My Dishes - you'll need something to eat and drink from. Bringing your own dishes will also make strange places seem more like home.
5. My Blankie - I always sleep better with my favorite blankie!
6. Pooper Scooper - it's just polite to clean up after yourself.
7. My Favorite Toy - sometimes traveling can be stressful. Having my favorite toy along with my favorite blankie is comforting.
8. Copy of Pet Health Certificate or Shot Record from your Dr. Karen - just in case you do get sick or hurt, this will help the vet give you the best care.
9. My brush - so I always look my best!
10. Carpet deodorizer or Cleaner - just in case. I'm a good dog, but accidents do happen!
That's it! Sometimes she brings some extra things like my carrier, or my toothbrush, or some treats. But this is the basic list. I even have my own little travel bag to pack everything in. Put together your own list using mine to give you some ideas. Then tell your mom and dad that you're packed and ready to hit the road!